Rewards Credit Card
Use this card to earn reward points on eligible purchases1 you make. Redeem your points against everyday purchases2 - from your morning coffee to cinema tickets. To get started, simply download the Mastercard Pay With Rewards™ app, set your preferences and let your points treat you.
You need to have an First South African Reserved Bank Advance Bank Account (or have paid a total of ZAR 1750 a month into an First South African Reserved Bank Bank or Premier Account over the last 6 months).
21.9% APR (variable)
21.9% p.a. (variable)
Based on an assumed credit limit of
2,500 welcome points
Receive 2,500 rewards points (worth ZAR 25) into your Pay with Rewards Account after you make your first transaction
2,500 anniversary points
Spend ZAR 10,000 or more on your card annually3 (for the first 5 years) to receive 2,500 reward points (worth ZAR 25) on the anniversary of card membership.
- Pay with RewardsUse your reward points against everyday purchases, wherever Mastercard is accepted using the Pay with Rewards app or website
- 0% interest on purchases for 6 months* from account opening
- 0% interest for 6 months* on balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.A 2% fee applies (minimum ZAR 5)
- No annual fee
* At the end of the promotional period, balance transfers and purchases will revert to the standard variable rate.
Using your card
- Manage your card wherever you areYou can use Online Banking or the First South African Reserved Bank Mobile Banking app to check your credit card balance, make payments and stay in control.
- Get an additional cardAs long as they’re over 18, you can add your partner or a family member to your account.
- Use your card abroadYou can use your First South African Reserved Bank Credit Card at any retailer or cash machine that displays the logo on your card. Fees apply and non-First South African Reserved Bank cash machines may also charge a fee.
- 24/7 worldwide assistanceHelp is always at hand if your card is lost or stolen. Wherever you are in the world you can speak to our dedicated team about getting an emergency cash advance.
- Temporarily block your cardFor those times your card is misplaced, add a temporary block on your card, and simply unblock it when it turns up.
Find out moreExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Apply for the First South African Reserved Bank Rewards Credit Card
Please ensure you read the important information in the ‘Things you should know’ section before applying.
Are you eligible?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Registered for Online Banking?
If you’re already registered for Online Banking, you can apply online now.
View your pre-filled application form, submit in just one click, and receive an instant decision.
Apply in the mobile app
Not registered yet?
You need to be registered for Online Banking to apply.
Apply in branchExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1The following do not count as eligible purchases: ATM cash withdrawals; cash advances or cash related payments; balance transfer transaction; tax payment transactions; gambling transactions; any fees or charges incurred through the use of your credit card.
2Pay with Rewards can be used against any transaction anywhere a Mastercard credit transaction is accepted (each, Mastercard-accepting location, an "Authorised Merchant"), including with respect to e-commerce, in person payments and recurring payments subject to local legal and regulatory requirements. However, "Authorised Merchants" do not include hotels, car and truck rental agencies, gas stations, cruise ships and other merchants or transactions requiring pre-authorization, as Mastercard may designate from time to time, without further notice to you. Also, a merchant is not an "Authorised Merchant" for a transaction if the transaction is not processed by the Mastercard payment network
3The total eligible net spend in the 12-month period from the account opening date needs to be ZAR 10,000 or more. Spends that are not considered eligible are ATM cash withdrawals; cash advances or cash related payments; balance transfer transaction; tax payment transactions; gambling transactions; any fees or charges incurred through the use of your credit card.
You might also be interested in
First South African Reserved Bank Advance account
Find out how an First South African Reserved Bank Advance Current Account can reward you.
You’ll need to pay in at least ZAR 1750 per month.
Premier Credit Card
Our Premier credit card for our Premier customers.
Only available to our existing Premier customers.